don't postpone joy

Friday, November 04, 2005

Head up

You know, I really don't think my life is in the crapper.
It's just lately I've felt overwhelmed.
Like I'm in a box.
What helps is lifting my head up.
Maybe shutting off the computer.
Looking outside.
Thinking of possibilities
Not worrying.
Kurt's brother http://huckswharf.blogspot.com/ posted a pic and a thought that made me smile. Made me think of fall afternoons in Michigan...
and Feetman http://feetman78.blogspot.com/ remembered that I'm from Michigan. That was sweet. (I thought it went unnoticed) On those fall days, my mom, and brother and I would drive out to some state park and hang out. We'd gather wood and make a huge fire. Cook potatoes and ground beef in tinfoil and think it to be better than a Thanksgiving feast. the weather was cool. and the longer you stayed out, the more your fingers hurt from the cold. Nobody ever was cold enough to go home, though. I never wanted those Sunday afternoons to end.
Days like I"ve had lately, I've had a tough time remembering how good it felt just to BE.
Here are some pics that help me remember that.

The first is of my new nephew.


His Aunty Daisy sent him that Halloween get-up. I cried when I saw him in it. EVERYTHING is possible for him now. It's incredible how much you can love someone you have never even met.

I took this today. It's the street just across from work.

Makes me think I'm out in the country. Free.




No school is complete without a flagpole in the parking lot. I love the sound the flags make as they dance in today's wind. As a naturalized, yankeefied Texan, I consider the Texas flag that flies along with Old Glory, part of who I am, too.



These will help me stay out of my box...LOL
(please insert whatever funny things that occur about said box)

I know there's a country song forming about new babies in punkin suits, bumpy roads and painted trees, and dancing flags in the sunshiny fall wind...

Have a good weekend~
xo
d.

8 Comments:

At 04 November, 2005 10:37, Blogger Nancy Pants said...

What a beautiful post! I understand the remembering where you're from... and missing it.

Your Nephew is ADORABLE!!

I have had that box feeling A LOT lately, like I run around it... but can't seem to get out of it. My solution... remembering that to everything there is a season... and seasons come and go.

Happy Friday!!

 
At 04 November, 2005 11:55, Blogger tom said...

Of course I remember you are from michigan. You went to Michigan State. I look for Michigan State on the ticker on Saturdays and think of you now.

 
At 04 November, 2005 12:49, Blogger daisyduke said...

For some reason, Nancy, that reminds me of "to every thing turn turn turn...and a time for every purpose..." it's somehow soothing.
thanks.
Feetman, if you were here right now, wrap my arms around your neck, and I'd make out with you.

 
At 04 November, 2005 21:28, Blogger Jim Cooper said...

Great pumpkin outfit - your nephew is stylin'!!!

Now that's what life is all about -
SMILE, you cute thang, you :>)

 
At 06 November, 2005 10:26, Blogger tom said...

Did you get hot and sweaty walking downtown? I thought about you.

 
At 08 November, 2005 13:40, Blogger Unknown said...

dont forget to vote folks! :)

 
At 09 November, 2005 08:02, Blogger tom said...

where are you?

 
At 16 November, 2005 10:16, Blogger Jennifer said...

Your nephew is too cute! He really puts it all into perspective, doesn't he?

Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home